Beacon Health is a Substance Abuse Treatment Services rehab center located in Mentor, OH. This drug & alcohol rehab center based in Ohio provides Outpatient,Regular Outpatient Treatment as treatment service option. For Beacon Health reviews, ratings & other information, please read below.
Beacon Health in Mentor, OH – An Overview
Found in 1969, Beacon Health is a CARF-accredited outpatient treatment facility that has been providing individualized treatment plans for men and women struggling with alcoholism, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders. Beacon Health provides comprehensive care to the local community through personalized approaches that ensure the emotional and psychological needs of each client for active and productive members of the community.
Beacon Health offers evidence-based therapy methods including CBT, DBT, Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and the Matrix Model. The facility also uses Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and EMDR for individuals who have experienced trauma and medication management services are also available if required. The facility also offers a family program consisting of addiction education classes and therapy with the client and family members.
Services Offered at Beacon Health in Mentor, OH
Beacon Health provides comprehensive dual diagnosis support, several group therapy options, and a broad range of scientific treatment methods. The facility provides flexibility and affordable prices and includes services:
- Psychiatry and Medication Management
- Case Management (CPST)
- Therapy and Counseling
- Supported Employment Services
- Dual Diagnosis Program
- Forensic Services Program (Criminal Justice)
- Older Adult Services
- Senior Care Services
- Support and Education Groups
- Transitional Youth Program
- Consumer Choice Cleaners
Substance Abuse Treatment Services
The addiction recovery treatment at Beacon Health consists of individual and group therapy, case management, and employment placement services. After an initial assessment, individuals receive a treatment plan reflecting their personal needs. Individuals choose from several groups, including coping skills, relapse prevention, and gender-specific therapy.
Group sizes consist of 10 clients at a time and are each overseen by one counselor. As treatment plans are personalized, thus the therapy programs do not follow a fixed duration, and individuals are free to come and go depending on their stage of treatment. Typically, every individual at the center takes one or two hour-long groups and one individual therapy session every week.
Beacon Health counseling services comprise of both one-on-one and group sessions as per the personalized care plan. The programs are designed to make the clients’ feel better, think more clearly, and get the most of their life.
The center offers a range of confirmed counseling techniques to help individuals experiencing chemical dependency as well as severe mental health disorders, including depression, bi-polar disorders, and anxiety issues. Beacon Health provides counseling in group and individual settings.
Beacon Health’s counseling services:
- Decrease symptoms of anxiety and/or depression
- Assist with life changes
- Improve relationships conditions with others
- Diminish and manage mental health concerns
Help in managing emotions (fear, anger, loss, etc.)
Dual Diagnosis Program
Beacon Health is highly qualified to help individuals facing chemical abuse disorders as well as mental illnesses.
Beacon Health dual diagnosis system:
- Evaluate the client’s needs
- Support with psychiatry and medication
- Deliver counseling
- Assistance with life skills for improved everyday living
- Help in securing a job
- Provide family education and support
Psychiatry and Medication Management
The center provides quality medication treatment if the treatment plan requires. Their on-staff psychiatrists and advanced practice registered nurses manage the medication plan and monitor dosages, advantages, and side effects actively to maintain the mediation procedure.
Psychiatric and Medication services:
- Assess individual needs and provide treatment
- Monitor medications
- If applicable, provide a Central Pharmacy program
- If appropriate, provide with patient assistance program applications
- Distribute psychiatric medications
- Offer referrals to further agencies and public resources
Support and Education Groups
Beacon Health also provides support group services for their clients and the family members struggling with their loved one’s mental illness or co-occurring substance use disorder. The support groups comprise of people experiencing similar issues and ailments.
Family Support Program
Beacon Health offers Supportive Family Friendships (SFF) program for the family members of individuals with supposed or diagnosed mental illness or co-occurring substance use disorder.
The SFF program offers:
- Stigma-free support
- Opportunities to share concerns experiences, and resource information
- Education regarding mental health and substance abuse
- Managing skills to deal with situations in healthier and more effective ways
Treatment Team at Beacon Health in Mentor, OH
The beacon health team is professional, committed, and provides customized and patient-focused services in a manner that respects their inherent dignity. Staff members at Beacon include experienced specialists in addiction as well as co-occurring situations and consist of psychiatrists, psychologists, CADCs and caseworkers.
- Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Regular Outpatient Treatment
- Accepts clients on opioid medication
- Medications for psychiatric disorders
- Private Organization
- State substance abuse agency
- State mental health department
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- Adult Women
- Adult Men
- Comprehensive mental health assessment
- Outreach to persons in the community
- Screening for mental health disorders
- Individual counseling offered
- Group counseling offered
- Substance abuse education
- Employment counseling or training
- Screening for tobacco use
- Smoking Permitted in Designated Area
- Young Adults
- Anger management
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Substance Abuse Counseling Approach
- Brief intervention approach
- Cognitive/behavioral therapy
- Contingency management/motivational incentive
- Contingency management/motivational incentive
- Relapse prevention
- Trauma-related counseling
- 12-step facilitation approach
- Federal or Any Government Funding for Substance Abuse Programs
- Private Health Insurance
- Cash or Self-payment
- State Financed Health Insurance Plan Other Than Medicaid
- Assistance with obtaining social servicest
- Case management
- Domestic violence services-family or partner
- Housing services
- Mental health services
- Consumer-run (peer-support) services