Delta Medical Center is a Detoxification,Substance Abuse Treatment Services rehab center located in Memphis, TN. This drug & alcohol rehab center based in Tennessee provides Hospital Inpatient,Hospital Inpatient Detoxification,Hospital Inpatient Treatment,Outpatient Day Treatment or Partial Hospitalization,Intensive Outpatient Treatment,Outpatient as treatment service option. For Delta Medical Center reviews, ratings & other information, please read below.
Delta Medical Center in Memphis, TN – An Overview
Delta Medical Center has been serving individuals with professional care for more than 50 years. The center provides specialists treatments to men and women suffering from substance abuse and alcoholism and offer a broad scope of services for adults age 18 and above, with specialized programs available for senior citizens.
The center also treats individuals struggling with a wide range of mental and behavioral health challenges and offer dual diagnosis services as well. At all levels of care, the center ensures personalized treatment plans for every individual and provides detailed discharge plans.
Substance Abuse Treatment Services Offered at Delta Medical Center in Memphis, TN
The substance and alcohol recovery services include individual therapy, group therapy, medicine-assisted treatment, detox facility, trauma-related treatment, and treats both illegal and prescription drugs abuse. The level of care is divided into the following:
- Adult Dual Diagnosis Unit consists of inpatient treatment for adults whose mental health challenges are accompanied by chemical dependency
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) includes four hours of treatment per day, five days per week for chemical dependency clients.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) consists of three to four-hour treatment sessions per week, for a total of 12 weekly hours of care.
Assessment and Evaluations
Every individual undergoes a series of comprehensive medical and psychiatric examinations to provide insight into specific problems. On the other hand, the medical tests help to determine the necessity of detox treatment as well as any underlying medical concerns. The psychiatric examination allows to determine if the person is suffering from a co-occurring mental disorder. All these systematic evaluations assist in creating a personalized plan of care that meets all the needs.
Full Range of Therapies for Addiction Recovery Process
In addition to detox and medications, the center also provides a complete range of therapies to help best manage the addiction recovery process.
Individual therapy is used for problem-solving the issues that have resulted from addiction, to understand the roots of addiction and discuss any co-occurring mental illnesses in a private environment.
Group therapy is our primary therapeutic approach at Delta Medical Center as a group setting enables individuals to interact and share their struggles with others suffering from similar problems. The center offers both process-based and psycho-educational groups to allow the clients’ to gain a better understanding of addictions, co-occurring disorders and manage recovery in a meaningful way. Apart from the traditional therapeutic modalities, the center also offers several experiential treatments aimed at treating the whole person and include:
- Nutritional and wellness counseling
- Therapeutic activities
- Recreational activities
- Spiritual guidance
Delta Medical Center also uses Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) as a therapeutic approach to help addicts see how negative thought patterns affect their behaviors and lives. The therapy helps to correct those negative thought patterns with positive ways of viewing the world, thus allowing the individuals to make better decisions.
Medications are used at the beginning of inpatient stay to help manage unpleasant withdrawal symptoms and put more focus on recovery. Medications are also used on a short-term basis and gradually tapered down as clients’ learn more appropriate coping approaches. Long-term medications are also provided to help manage the symptoms of co-occurring disorders or to treat any medical concerns.
Continued Care and Follow Up
The center offers two outpatient treatment options, including Intensive Outpatient Therapy (IOP) and Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). These programs allow you to continue similar therapeutic approaches as offered in the inpatient setting for continued care and systematic follow up.
Strong Medical Support
Delta Medical center is a full-service hospital with an active medical component. Their medical programs include a level 3 emergency department, a cardiology clinic, a medical clinic, and a surgical suite. In addition to medication management, addiction recovery treatment, and on-site medical detoxification, the medical center also offers lab testing, radiology, and wound care.
Experienced Treatment Professionals
Delta Medical Center houses multidisciplinary teams of trained and compassionate professionals. Their team includes registered nurses (RNs), licensed social workers (LSWs), licensed professional counselors (LPCs), and certified crisis intervention specialists. Their staff also consists of psychiatrists, internal medicine, and family practice physician. Their team is committed and provides personalized and patient-focused services in a manner that respects the inherent dignity of each person individual.
- General Hospital (including VA hospital)
- Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Buprenorphine used in Treatment
- Buprenorphine detoxification
- Prescribes/administer buprenorphine and/or naltrexone
- Buprenorphine without naloxone
- Private Organization
- State department of health
- Hospital licensing authority
- The Joint Commission
- Private Health Insurance
- Cash or Self-payment
- State Financed Health Insurance Plan Other Than Medicaid
- Adult Women
- Adult Men
- Comprehensive mental health assessment
- Comprehensive substance abuse assessment
- Interim services for clients
- Outreach to persons in the community
- Aftercare/continuing care
- Discharge Planning
- Individual counseling offered
- Group counseling offered
- Substance abuse education
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Screening for tobacco use
- Smoking/tobacco cessation counseling
- Smoking Permitted in Designated Area
- Young Adults
- Hospital Inpatient
- Hospital Inpatient Detoxification
- Hospital Inpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Day Treatment or Partial Hospitalization
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Breath analyzer or blood alcohol testing
- Drug or alcohol urine screening
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- Screening for mental health disorders
- Screening for substance abuse
- Case management
- Housing services
- Mental health services
- Consumer-run (peer-support) services
- Social skills development
- Transportation assistance