First Step is a Substance Abuse Treatment Services rehab center located in Owings Mills, MD. This drug & alcohol rehab center based in Maryland provides Intensive Outpatient Treatment, Outpatient Methadone/Buprenorphine or Vivitrol, Regular Outpatient Treatment as a treatment service option. For First Step reviews, ratings & other information, please read below.
First Step in Owings Mills, MD – AN Overview
First Step is an accredited organization and also licensed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to provide different programs for alcoholism and substance addiction recovery. The addiction recovery center offers services such as Early Intervention – DWI (Level 0.5), traditional Outpatient Treatment (Level I) and Intensive Outpatient Treatment (Level II.1) programs for chemical abuse disorders.
First Step was founded in 1971 in Owing Mills, Maryland, and for the past 47 years, the solution-focused treatment agency has helped numerous people suffering from addiction. Their goal is to make people’s lives better by applying best practice and evidence-based treatment approaches and techniques. The center provides outpatient substance abuse treatment program with co-occurring mental health capability.
First Steps in Owings Mills provides counseling and treatments for substance abuse, mental health, and co-occurring disorders. Treatment options at First Step include evidence-based practices and treatment for dual diagnosis. They offer programs for both adolescents and adults in individual, group, and family counseling settings.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Program
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Suboxone & Medication Assisted Treatment
- Mental Health / Counseling for Children and Adolescents
- Mental Health / Counseling for Adults
- Better Decisions Groups
- Family Counselling
Counseling Group sessions include:
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Relapse prevention
- Drug and alcohol education
- Anger management
Suboxone And Medication Assisted Treatment
The center provides Suboxone Treatment for those struggling with opiate addiction and Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for drugs and substance abuse recovery.
To start treatment, the doctors gather the accurate drugs and substance abuse history, tests are conducted, and psychological history is assessed with a LADC. The goal is to stop opiate withdrawal symptoms and minimize side effects safely. Medication-assistance is implemented under a doctor’s care and is an outpatient process while individuals taking Suboxone are scheduled to attend the outpatient or IOP as planned by the counselor.
Each counselor facilitates one-on-one sessions and also makes sure that the goals are met. The rehab center offers medication management system and follow-up visits to monitor recovery.
Better Decision Groups Program
First Steps provides a highly personalized approach tailored to individual needs to assist and attain the personal growth that individuals require. Thus, the “Better Decisions” program teaches people how to make the right decisions and focus on the learning experience.
It is an 8-week program where members explore what might get in the way of making healthier decisions and how to work past these obstructions. There is no diagnosis and no need to use insurance to access this program.
Use Of Integrated Approach Towards Full Recovery
Addiction is a bio-psycho-social condition. Therefore, First Steps offers to counsel with medication as the proper treatment. To address the cause of distress and the behavior patterns, long-term solution to mental and emotional problems is required. Thus, the team at First Steps offers sustainable growth and a greater sense of well-being with an integrative approach to wellness.
Staff At First Step in Owings Mills, MD
First Steps houses qualified and experienced medical practitioners. All clinical counselors are licensed or certified by the State of Maryland. They take pride in the quality professionalism of the staff. Each clinician has a strong educational background and practice in the field of behavioral health care. They are skilled and trained at recognizing each individual’s specific needs and tailor the appropriate treatment plan to meet those requirements. The staff at First steps includes LCADC, LCSW-C, LCPC, LGSW, and LGPC professionals.
The laws of First Steps protect the confidentiality of the patient and all communications between the individual and clinician. No information is revealed without prior written permission from the patient.
The qualified professionals at First Steps assist you in coping with long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that hold you back from accepting that you are facing serious addiction issue. The rehab center ensures extra support and guidance through a challenging situation to take steps towards a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
- DUI/DWI Clients
- DUI/DWI Clients
- Substance Abuse Treatment Services
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Methadone/Buprenorphine or Vivitrol
- Regular Outpatient Treatment
- Buprenorphine used in Treatment
- Naltrexone used in Treatment
- Buprenorphine maintenance
- Buprenorphine maintenance for predetermined time
- Prescribes/administer buprenorphine and/or naltrexone
- Buprenorphine with naloxone (Suboxone®)
- Private Organization
- State substance abuse agency
- Private Health Insurance
- Cash or Self-payment
- State Financed Health Insurance Plan Other Than Medicaid
- Comprehensive substance abuse assessment
- Interim services for clients
- Aftercare/continuing care
- Discharge Planning
- Screening for tobacco use
- Smoking Permitted in Designated Area
- Transitional Age Young Adults
- Adult Women
- Pregnant/Postpartum Women
- Adult Men
- Clients Referred from the Court/Judicial System
- Persons with Co-occurring Mental and Substance Use Disorders
- Persons who have Experienced Trauma
- Breath analyzer or blood alcohol testing
- Drug or alcohol urine screening
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- Screening for mental health disorders
- Screening for substance abuse
- TB screening
- Assistance with obtaining social servicest
- Case management
- Domestic violence services-family or partner
- Early intervention for HIV
- Mental health services
- Social skills development
- Individual counseling offered
- Group counseling offered
- Family counseling offered
- Marital/couples counseling offered
- Substance abuse education
- Health education services other than HIV/AIDS or hepatitis